Simplified maintenance and proactive alerts allow SAP Basis team to save more than 10 hours weekly
Strauss’ IT department runs a complex SAP environment that includes:
- More than 90 SAP systems, 20 of which are production systems
- Windows® OS and Oracle® DB on VMWare virtual machines
- SAP ECC, BI, PI, SRM, CRM, SCM, EWM, BO, Portal, HANA and BIA
- Interfaces to vendors and financial institutions based primarily on SAP PI
They were facing these challenges
- Couldn't migrate their old in-home monitoring configuration
- Were concerned that every single Solution Manager upgrade would produce overall system instability and several other negative side effects.
- New instance provisioning was very complication using the SAP Solution Manager which had several implementations bolted onto it
- The alerts sent out by the Solution Manager system were not granular and clear enough
I had one employee spending at least 10 hours every week just maintaining the SAP Solution Manager. Now we don’t have to do it at all. We’re very happy with syslink Xandria.
Alon Senderovitz, SAP Basis Manager Strauss[fa icon="quote-right"]